KCPR Radio History
You can find KCPR's history for a particular Cal Poly academic year in the table below. If the topic spans more than one year, you'll find it in one of the main caregories underneath the table. Please add your story: just a paragraph or two about your time at KCPR will help us fill in the gaps! (If there's no page for a topic, add one -- and please be sure to make a link to the new page from one or more of the pages below.)
- Audio - Special programs, other production, airchecks, ...
- Faculty Advisors - As the main liaison between KCPR and the University, the faculty advisor works with the station's student management and is also a mentor to everyone on the staff.
- Old KCPR message board - Discussion group for KCPR alumni, pre-Yahoo Groups. Archived on archive.org as of November 21st, 2004, at 2:07 AM.
Newspaper articles with general KCPR history (yearly pages, in table above, have articles about particular years):
- A long, strange trip: KCPR, the student-run radio station, turns 40 (New Times, November 25, 2008, by Kylie Mendonca)
- Alumni reunion 2007 (The Oregonian - Southwest Weekly, November 2007, by Cathy Dausman)
- Since its beginnings, Cal Poly's KCPR has been host to all kinds of DJs (Mustang Daily, October 18, 2006, by Tyler Wise) - with quotes from George Ramos and a (broken?) link to the 1968 article SAC approves campus radio
- Once a KCPR DJ, always a DJ (Mustang Daily, September 20, 2005, by Suzanne Grimmer) - Brad Brown and Neal Losey return to KCPR as summer DJs... with personal stories and station history
- Jim Zim's KCPR in the mid-1970s - story and photos
- Keith Byrd's Memorabilia 1979-81: program guide, letterhead, bumper stickers...
- J News: alumni newsletter from Cal Poly Journalism Department *April 1986
- KCPR artwork, graphics, logos, etc. - miscellaneous artwork that doesn't fit anywhere else
- Wikipedia article "KCPR" - not much info now (January 2010), but you can add some...